[Gc] GC 6.4 simplified leak detection breaks on SuSE Linux9.3i386(glibc 2.3.4)

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Mon May 16 16:57:17 PDT 2005

I'm sorry.

Unfortunately I had missed that in your original reply.
I'm having trouble reproducing the problem here.  But that's not
surprising, since I don't have a box running Suse.

I believe the "exclusion ranges overlap" issue is completely different,
though I'm not sure without tracking it down.  Could you look at
what the arguments to the failing call of GC_exclude_static_roots are,
where it's being called from, and what the prior contents of
GC_excl_table
are?  GC_excl_table is a sorted table of address ranges.
GC_exclude_static_roots should not be called on overlapping address
ranges,
and inserts those ranges into this table.

I think there are normally only two calls to it from the initialization
code in misc.c.  Thus just putting a breakpoint in
GC_exclude_static_roots
and looking at all the call arguments should also be informative.

You probably also have to be careful to do a complete rebuild if
you reconfigure the collector.  The size of some critical internal data
structures depend on the configuration.

Thanks.