[Gc] GC with pthread-win32

jim marshall jim.marshall at wbemsolutions.com
Fri Sep 9 12:47:06 PDT 2005

Hello,
 I'm wondering if anyone has expeirence with using the GC with the
pthread-win32 library from Red Hat
(http://sourceware.org/pthreads-win32/). This is not cygwin, this is a
pthread library that will run on regular windows without the need of
cygwin support.

Basically we have an application that was written on Linux and works
great. We have been asked to port it to Windows, we are thinking we can
simply use this pthread-win32 library as our code is using ANSI C &
POSIX. When we build the GC on Windows, what options do we choose to
properly encapsulate threading and memory?

I know this is a fairy broad topic, but any suggestions you can make are
welcome as we are just beginning this journey.

Thank you
Jim