[Gc] 6.6 on Mac OS X 10.3.9

Cody Pisto cody at hpcs.com
Fri Sep 16 20:29:50 PDT 2005

I will look into finding an analog to /proc/<pid>/maps, as for why its
growing, in my case, the process is growing by roughly how much im
GC_MALLOCing in each thread, so something with the machinery involved in
collection isnt working right. After each allocation and subsequent
dereferencing of pointers, the stats dumped by the gc do not show a
change in the blocks in use, static roots, total size, heap size, or
free list. The problem doesnt occur when threads are disabled on os x,
and the problem does not occur on linux or freebsd.

Hope that helps,

-Cody