consider disabling inferior pointers // Heap not emptying? [Gc]

Alexander Petrossian (PAF) Alexander.Petrossian at teligent.ru
Mon Aug 14 22:00:53 PDT 2006

Mike Hearn @ Tuesday, August 15, 2006 12:53:43 AM (Moscow time):
MH> So the collector sees tons of dead pointers and that roots
MH> pretty much the entire program :(
MH> I'm not too worried, but it'd be nice to have some way to

Mike,
consider disabling inferior pointers + maybe explicitly allowing certain displacements.

It helped me when I faced the problem of hashcodes to retain memory.
For tricky reasons I was not able to use type descriptors.
Anyway, disabling inferior pointers is a GOOD THING in my eyes.

In small program like your example, that can easily be done.
Give it a try and, I feel, the symptom you see now will go.

--
Alexander Petrossian (PAF), Software Developer, Teligent Russia