[Gc] GC with Solaris on AMD64

Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson myrkraverk at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 28 17:14:15 PST 2006

Hi,

As per an earlier mail, 7.0alpha7 does work on Solaris amd64, but does
not seem to work with SunStudio.  It compiles and tests ok with GCC,
but when I try to compile it with cc, gctest seems to fail.  Also,
when trying to use the C++ interface with CC, I get the following
error:

"gc_cpp.h", line 216: Error: Default parameters are not allowed for
operater new(unsigned).

Is that a problem with SunStudio, or GC?

I am using SunStudio 11 (I don't think I've patched it) - and SunOS
5.11, snv_50.

I am willing to try to work on any of this stuff, if I can get some
pointers on what to aim for.

Johann