[Gc] Detect threading system used by the GC

Stephane Epardaud Stephane.Epardaud at sophia.inria.fr
Mon Feb 13 05:48:02 PST 2006

Hello,

Is it possible to detect the threading system for which the GC was compiled ?
Say by looking at the installed headers or in the library ?
I would need to know this in a configure script, to check that the GC was
compiled for the pthreads (or even my own threads) but I'm not sure how I'm
supposed to do that. It seems to me when including gc.h I need to define
GC_LINUX_THREADS if the GC was compiled with pthreads, but isn't it possible to
know whether or not the GC actually _was_ compiled with pthreads?

Thanks
--

Cheers,

Stéphane Épardaud