[Gc] Too Many Heap Sections

Lothar Scholz scholz at scriptolutions.com
Tue Jan 3 10:20:39 PST 2006

Hello Matthew,

Thursday, December 29, 2005, 6:33:56 AM, you wrote:

MB> I seem to be running into a fatal error message in the garbage collector
MB> stating that
MB> there are too many heap sections.  Everything works fine until I
MB> MB> increase the size of my application.

Run into this too.
You must compile with LARGE_CONFIG defined. For version 6.6 this
means:

The makefiles in the garbage collector must be patched so that the LARGE_CONFIG symbol is defined.
This means that in the windows build file "gc.mak" we must add
/D "LARGE_CONFIG"
to line 118 (release build) and line 300 (debug build).

I can now use ~2 GB of memory without problems (previously it was
aborting at 500 MB).

Best regards,
 Lothar Scholz                mailto:scholz at scriptolutions.com