[Gc] Strange issues

Emmanuel Stapf [ES] manus at eiffel.com
Wed Jan 4 14:40:37 PST 2006

Looking at an old post of mine on the mailing list I realized that I was compiling
the GC without ALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS and did not mention it in my original post.

The post from Hans is the following:
<<
Not entirely, unfortunately.  Without ALL_INTERIROR_POINTERS (really
GC_all_interior_pointers == 0 in newer collector versions), interior
pointers from the heap and static data are not recognized; interior
pointers from the stack and registers still are.

Could this be my problem? The static data I was talking about contained the value
p + 8 where p is the actual pointer allocated via GC_malloc and I did call
GC_register_displacement (8).

Hope this helps,
Manu