[Gc] GC, Solaris and threads

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Fri Jan 13 16:50:57 PST 2006

That's weird.  Either you don't get the same compile options in the two
cases, which should be easy to check.  Or it might be a dynamic vs.
static library issue.

If it's the latter, it almost certainly still needs to be fixed.

I assume this works in the single-threaded configuration?

It's worth looking at the code generated for GC_push_regs to check that
that looks at all registers that might contain pointers.  The error
you're seeing indicates that the registers or stack are not correctly
traced.  You might also try defining USE_GENERIC_PUSH_REGS, which causes
a lot of this stuff to work differently.

Another possibility might be that it's getting one of the stack bases
wrong, and not scanning the entire stack.