[Gc] Parallel mark and thread local alloc

Emmanuel Stapf [ES] manus at eiffel.com
Mon Jan 16 14:47:51 PST 2006

> The parallel mark may not quite be usable, since the
> (included) atomic_ops package needs a SPARC V9 port.  It
> really wants compare-and-swap, and the current version only
> understands V8, IIRC.
>
> For 7.0alpha, I would generally use the current CVS tree.
> Instructions are on the GC web page.

I've tried to compile it on my Solaris 10 on AMD64 but the configure scripts fail
with the following error:

<<
config.status: executing default commands
configure: configuring in libatomic_ops
mkdir: "libatomic_ops": Exists but is not a directory
configure: error: cannot create directory "libatomic_ops"

But when I do a `ls' in the directory, I can see that `libatomic_ops' is a
symbolic link to `libatomic_ops-1.1'.

Regards,
Manu