[Gc] sun solaris and C++ bug

skaller skaller at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 20 21:31:17 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 14:56 -0800, Boehm, Hans wrote:

> I put an alternate fix in my tree for now, but it's getting sufficiently
> messy that I would rather just rip this out.  (Trying to mix C++ with
> K&R C just isn't much fun, especially since I can't test this code at
> the moment.)

Forget K&R :) Anyone using that deserves what they get.
The 'old' version of C is now ISO C89. This should play
better with C++.

Curious if any implementations of C99 mess up the gc
due to the new ability to create variable length
arrays on the stack. This can be implemented by either
advancing the stack pointer, or just by calling malloc
and remembering to free the store.. both of which may
mess up the gc's idea of what the roots are.

[Also curious how C++ is going to handle this .. :]