[Gc] Crash in collector after adjusting root set

MenTaLguY mental at rydia.net
Mon Jun 19 19:02:33 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 17:39 -0700, Boehm, Hans wrote:
> Presumably you meant GC_MALLOC_UNCOLLECTABLE?
>
> I agree that if that's possible, that's a much better choice.

Whoops, yes.  That's indeed what I meant.

Sometimes, I use GC_MALLOC_UNCOLLECTABLE objects as proxies for
references from objects otherwise invisible to the collector.

For example:

http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/inkscape/inkscape/trunk/src/gc-anchored.h?view=markup
http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/inkscape/inkscape/trunk/src/gc-anchored.cpp?view=markup

Here, GC::Anchored is intended as a "mixin" for classes derived from
GC::Managed<> [an analogue to gc_cpp.h's gc class].  It permits
unscanned objects to "announce" their references to collectable objects
through a refcounting-like interface (GC::anchor()/GC::release()).

-mental