[Gc] libgc on Mac OS X 10.4 and Darwin X/86

Andrew Stone andrew at stone.com
Thu Jun 22 09:07:32 PDT 2006

Hans, Geoff, Jurg, Allan, Bruce et al mono,

I was happily using libgc 6.5 built on Mac OS X 10.2 - until I saw
Allan's recent patches and the Darwin/X86 port threads when I
realized it was time to upgrade. However, libgc6.7, although it
builds on intel/ppc 10.4, just isn't working in our product PStill -
I get hangs on both intel and ppc. So, I have a few questions for
those experienced with gc on Mac OS X:

0. We need to be able to deploy to 10.3 and 10.4 Universal - has
anyone gotten these working in all three configurations?
1. We just want a static lib to link against - how do I get it NOT to
build the dylibs?
2. How can I turn off thread support to see if that helps?
3. Any other hints for me?

Thanks!

Andrew
andrew at stone.com - http://www.stone.com