[Gc] libgc on Mac OS X 10.4 and Darwin X/86

Allan Hsu allan at counterpop.net
Thu Jun 22 15:50:15 PDT 2006

My patch fixes a mach port leak that should only effect you if your
code uses threading with a non-fixed number of threads (ie: you start
and stop threads throughout the life of your process).  If you don't
use threads, the main thing about libgc6.7 I would be interested in
is the vm_deallocate() memory leak fix that's was included in 6.7.
Both the memory leak fix in 6.7 and my mach_port_leak patch against
6.7 would be trivial to apply to 6.5. I was able to backport both
fixes to 6.5 in about 5 minutes when I was trying to track down the
cause of the mach port leak I was experiencing (sorry, but I don't
have the patched version of 6.5 lying around anymore).

	-Allan
--
Allan Hsu <allan at counterpop dot net>
1E64 E20F 34D9 CBA7 1300  1457 AC37 CBBB 0E92 C779