[Gc] Failure to expand heap under cygwin

Peter Ross pro at missioncriticalit.com
Wed Mar 15 01:02:17 PST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to run an application under cygwin on Windows XP which
uses the boehm gc.

I get to about 400Mb of memory usage (virtual and physical) on
a machine with 1.2Gb of memory when I get the following
printed out with logging enabled.

Increasing heap size by 262144 after 90325200 allocated bytes
Failed to expand heap by 16777216 bytes
Increasing heap size by 262144 after 90675252 allocated bytes
Failed to expand heap by 16777216 bytes
Increasing heap size by 262144 after 91024200 allocated bytes
Failed to expand heap by 16777216 bytes
Failed to expand heap by 262144 bytes
GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!

I've searched the archives and to me it doesn't look like
I'm running out of virtual memory.  Any other ideas on
what could be going on?

The full log can be found at
http://mail.missioncriticalit.com/~petdr/gc/gc.log.gz

Regards,
Peter
--
Software Engineer                                (Work)   +32 2 757 10 15
Mission Critical                                 (Mobile) +32 485 482 559