[Gc] gc_typed.h

Travis Griggs tgriggs at key.net
Thu May 11 10:14:42 PDT 2006

I'm trying to ressurect support for GC in the gnustep objective-c
library. At one point this worked and someone looked to do a semi-
moderate integration, but there's not been much support for it. Now
that there's sidestep (a branch of gnustep-base that doesn't require
GNUMakefiles or any of the desktop environment setup), I thought I'd
see if I can't make it work again. It compiles fine, but on running a
test that just allocates NSObject, it doesn't actually ever reclaim
the memory.

So one thing it uses that is new to me in my forrays with libgc, is
the gc_typed.h stuff. Is there a README that explains this stuff
works, what its purpose is. Is it current and preferred? Or is it one
of those experiments that was tried, but doesn't really make much
difference? If it doesn't make any real difference, it would be far
simpler code wise to use GC_MALLOC() for new and move on.

TIA

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist