[Gc] build GC in VC8

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Fri Nov 17 10:20:46 PST 2006

I don't think I've tried VC8 specifically.  In general, you have two

1) Follow the instructions in README.win32, which rely on NMAKE and
command-line tools to build a library.  (I try to maintain the
Makefiles.  It's almost feasible on my normal Linux development
machine.)

2) Construct a suitable VC8 project.  There are somewhat dated VC7
project files checked into the CVS tree.  (See
http://bdwgc.cvs.sourceforge.net/bdwgc/bdwgc/windows-untested/ .)  These
do not have a maintainer, and hence tend to go out of sync with the rest
of the code.

Hans