[Gc] Win32 static threads

Wayne Richards wrichards at taxupdate.com
Sat Sep 2 09:32:38 PDT 2006

I'm attempting to compile a static lib on windows, using v6.7 libgc.
My ActiveX Dlls use the multithreaded c runtime, which seems to conflict with
the supplied NT_STATIC_THREADS_MAKEFILE (which uses the single-threaded runtime?).

I'm only moderately experienced with msvc or nmake, so I need very basic-level help
getting the libraries to work together.  Am I correct that both the static lib
and my ActiveX dlls should use the Multithreaded run-time libraries?  I've gotten
various symptoms when testing, generally pointing back to issues with threading.
Any general advice on how to track down the problem?  If these questions are too
general, I can post plenty of info, but I've tried so many different combinations
that it's difficult to know where to start.

Wayne