[Gc] Status of gc on Mac OS X running on intel proc ?

Renaud Blanch renaud.blanch at imag.fr
Thu Sep 28 00:21:46 PDT 2006

Hello,

I was successfully using gc6.8 on a PPC PowerBook and on a dual G5
Mac running Mac OS X version 10.4.
I switched to an Intel dual core MacBook Pro a few weeks ago.
Basic make check reports failures on Mac OS X while it works fine on
the same machine running linux (ubuntu with a SMP kernel).
Has anybody reported similar problems or conversely reported success
in using the gc on intel (dual core) based machine running Mac OS X ?
Thanks.

In case it helps, you will find below the configure and make check
logs for gc6.8 & gc7.0alpha7 for both linux & Mac OS X runs.
I will happily collaborate with people motivated to provide patch to
the gc in order to make it work for intel macs.
If some body can point me in the right direction, and give me some
hints, I am also motivated to contribute !

regards,

Renaud