[Gc] Status of gc on Mac OS X running on intel proc ?

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Thu Sep 28 14:02:01 PDT 2006

Thanks.  It looks like there are two issues here:

1) Thread_get_state usually fails in gctest.  The calling code is at
around line 100 in darwin_stop_world.c.  It would be good to see if you
can get more information from the return code or anything else to figure
out why this is happening.  I think this is the most serious problem.

2) It looks like test_cpp is invoking the system free when it shouldn't.
The next step here would be to look at the stack trace when the error
message is printed to see where the free call is coming from.  This
looks like a problem that's specific to the gc_cpp.h C++ interface,
probably related to replacing ::new and friends.

It looks like single-threaded C applications probably work, at least if
you build without thread support.