[Gc] GC_DARWIN_THREADS in gc_config_macros.h

S M Ryan wyrmwif at rawbw.com
Mon Apr 16 08:38:24 PDT 2007

I don't know if this is official, but to get it to work with forks
and threads, I needed to force GC_HANDLE_FORKS and include it as
	#define GC_PTHREADS
	#include "gc.h"
and then
	#include <pthread.h>
as documented.

On Apr 13, 2007, at 9:32 PM, Filip Pizlo wrote:

> Is GC_DARWIN_THREADS supposed to be defined in gc_config_macros.h
> when using Darwin/x86?
>
> ... and a more basic question: am I correct to assume that Darwin/
> x86 works since version 6.8?

There's a patch in darwin_stop_world.c and elsewhere that involves
some XCode insanity. I don't recall if the patch is in the
distribution or if you have get and apply it separately.

With all that, I've been using it with no problems.