[Gc] How does GC work with ruby/python or other embedded script languages?

Lothar Scholz scholz at scriptolutions.com
Tue Apr 17 01:56:52 PDT 2007

Hello,

I'm having an SmallEiffel program which uses the GC and there wasn't
any problem in the past. But now i need to embedd a script language:
Either Ruby or Python. Especially ruby gives me a bad feeling. It uses
fibers/coroutines/green threads - however you want to call them.

While i'm not planning to use them, there might be some third party
library who is using them. Python threads seem to be better as they
are user threads but they are not wrapped by GC_pthread_create.

Are my fears real?
Will there be problems?
And is there any solution for this problem?

--
Best regards,
 Lothar Scholz              mailto:scholz at scriptolutions.com