[Gc] Error in simple GC test

Christophe Meessen meessen at cppm.in2p3.fr
Sun Apr 22 07:30:21 PDT 2007

reHello,

I finally managed to make it collect objects. It simply needs to have
enough objects allocated. It also worked with STL vector holding
pointers to allocated objects. Very impressive. I thought there was some
special allocator to use. Will this be portable to g++ 4.x or should I
better do things more explicitly ?

The only thing that still bogs me is that there are 1 or sometime 2
objects left. Is this normal ?  If yes, how could I know if this results
from a memory leak or if it is just garbage pending to be collected.
My apps are intended to run for very long periods so I need a way to
make sure there is no memory leak.