[Gc] bdw-gc.pc: Cflags: -I${includedir}/pc ?

Petter Urkedal urkedal at nbi.dk
Thu Aug 23 12:58:43 PDT 2007

On 2007-08-23, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Now, I don't care either way, I just would like to know that the
> official/prefered method for apps to use gc's header files.  Is
> #include <gc.h> (and using -I/usr/include/gc)
> or
> #include<gc/gc.h>
> expected/prefered usage?

I am not to decide the official usage, but I agree it would be good to
settle the question.  (I used to test for both gc.h and gc/gc.h in my
configure-script before dropping <7.0.)

Ways to smooth things out would be:

  * Re-add the installation of ${includedir}/gc.h which includes
    <gc/gc.h>, assuming this is the only header people include without a
    directory prefix.

  * Add another pkg-config file, like bdw-gc-import.pc, with
    -I${includedir}/gc.  (However, I think projects which include <gc.h>
    does not yet use pkg-config, or they would have discovered the
    issue, so this does not completely eliminate the need to port the
    code.)