[Gc] GC on 64 bit linux

Friedrich Dominicus friedrichdominicus at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 29 07:49:47 PDT 2007

I have tried to compile the library for Windows 64 bit on AMD64 and
got it principally working with MSVC. However it seems I can not linkg
against this static library with other compilers. So now I've though
on how to make the GC library available for me.

I tried first to wrap around the static library. But it cause the DLL
to crash while creating a new thread (that is not really a suprise) I
searched through the sources and found that GC_DLL and
THREAD_LOCAL_ALLOC  seem to be incompatible.

Now what is the most promising way to get this library run under 64
bit and other compilers but MSVC?
1) Adapt the 32-bit dll makefile for the 64-bit system?
2) Writing wrapper around the static library and encapsulate the
needed calls to thread initialzation functions somehow? (suggestsions
on how to do that would be very appriciated)
3) other ways I have not thought of

With best regards
Friedrich