[Gc] Desperately needing GC 7.1

Andreas Tobler andreast-list at fgznet.ch
Tue Dec 18 02:06:09 PST 2007

Manuel.Serrano at sophia.inria.fr wrote:

> As stated in the subject of this mail, I'm desperately needing the GC v 7.1.
>
> I'm actually totally confused with the development model adopted for the GC!
>
> Indeed, the current stable version, the version 7.0 which is 6 months old
> as a severe problem:
>
>  IT IS KNOWN NOT TO COMPILE ON RECENT MACOS X VERSION (LEOPARD).

To whom is it known?

Here it (a gc-7.0 dated from second of July 07) compiles and runs on
ppc-32, i686 and x86_64 on OS-X 10.5.1.

CVS has one cosmetic change in regard of Darwin. And this change went in
last week.

> I know that some patches exist. I know that the current CVS version
> most likely fixes this small problem. However, it is NOT POSSIBLE to
> rely on a CVS version for releasing a STABLE software! It is
> impossible to know if the current CVS version works, if it has been
> tested, if it contains experimental code. It is impossible to figure
> out its life span. Etc, etc. All in all, using this version is the road to
> severe problems if used in a final product.

Would you mind telling us in detail where you encounter the problem and
how you configure?

Thanks,
Andreas