[Gc] Desperately needing GC 7.1

Manuel.Serrano at sophia.inria.fr Manuel.Serrano at sophia.inria.fr
Tue Dec 18 02:17:28 PST 2007

> No one has any right to demand anything from volunteers writing free
> and open software.
Come on, that's not what I said. I repeat my self:
  I FEEL IN DEBT WITH HANS.

I'm not saying anything bad against anyone here. I'm just begging for
some help.

Regarding free softwares, the only reason, I feel I can ask help is
because I contribute my self. I have my share (and for more than
a decade), please visit:
  http://www-sop.inria.fr/mimosa/fp/Bigloo/
  http://hop.inria.fr.

> If it doesn't work for you, you're free to fix it.  If you don't have
> the skills to fix it then you're free to pay someone who does.
No, I cannot fix it by myself simply because I don't have the time to do
it. More precisely, the time I could spend on the GC would taken
on the time I use to developed the other softwares I'm in charge.

One more time:

  I'M NOT ACCUSING ANYONE.
  I'M NOT STARTING A FLAME.

  I THANK YOU ALL FOR WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION.

Sorry, I don't how to say more nicely.

> For your information, I just downloaded gc-7.0.tar.gz on my Core2 Duo
> MacBook Pro running Leopard and typed "./configure;make;make check"
> and it built fine and passed the tests.
Great. I'm glad to read that. That's good news. I will then have to
understand why it fails in some situations.

--
Manuel