[Gc] Mentality of c/c++ programmers when it comes to gc

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Fri Dec 21 15:01:28 PST 2007

There have also been long discussions of this in the C++ standards committee.  In that group there is closer to a balance, with strong opinions on both sides of the question of support in the standard.  That is of course not the same question, since it would always be optional on the side of the programmer.

Part of the problem here is that there are domains in which each of these techniques actually works reasonably well, and others in which they don't.  And there are legitimate concerns about getting all of them to play together in a single application.