[Gc] confused on weak pointers (probably asked before)

Achilleas Margaritis axilmar at otenet.gr
Sat Dec 22 02:48:29 PST 2007

I am confused regarding weak pointers.

Which function shall I use to implement them? is it
'GC_register_disappearing_link' or 'GC_general_register_disappearing_link'?

The header comment files are confusing. Some comments are below the
function declarations, some are above the function declarations; I don't
know which comments belong to which function.

I want simple weak pointer functionality: when an object is no longer
reachable, weak pointers to it are set to null.

Can anybody please share his wisdom on this crucial issue?