[Gc] Has anyone tried the GC on Nokia 770, N800 or arm qemu ?

Stephane Epardaud Stephane.Epardaud at sophia.inria.fr
Thu Feb 1 01:11:02 PST 2007

Boehm, Hans wrote:
> This looks very strange indeed.  The signal delivery that would cause
> 10363 to enter the suspension handler seems conspicuously missing,
> leaving it a mystery as to how it got to the handler.  Since 10363
> printed the initial but not the final message from GC_stop_world(), it
> must have somehow been forced into the signal handler.

That's what I thought, looks wrong, but not the GC's fault wrong.

> I would expect either an emulator problem or a remote chance of a stack
> overflow.  (Is this running in full system emulation mode?  If so, which
> ARM kernel is it using?  Might that be old?  If not, does the user level
> emulation handle threads correctly?  Might there be a mismatch between
> the ARM thread library and the underlying P4 kernel?)

This is not full emulation because the kernel is the P4 kernel (which I think
doesn't help at all). Only execution is emulated. Perhaps indeed their libc is
broken, or the emulation has a problem with threads and signals. I have no idea
but I'm going to contact that mono person.