[Gc] MacOS 10.4 failure

Andreas Tobler toa at pop.agri.ch
Mon Feb 12 14:32:58 PST 2007

S M Ryan wrote:
> I'm getting aborts, apparently in darwin_stop_world. I thought I applied
> MACHINE_THREAD_STATE patch, but I've lost track of what I'm supposed to
> be compiling. I've included the state of things here. If some kind soul
> could point to me the right place if I'm out of date. Currently I have
> to GC_no_gc =1 to get anything done.

If you have a chance to use the cvs version, please try. If not, I can
try to backport the cvs mods to 6.8.

There is one patch pending for darwin* which should bring MPROTECT_VDB
support. But this is minor I think.

http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=144171

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at bdwgc.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/bdwgc login

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at bdwgc.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/bdwgc co
-P bdwgc

Hans, would this be useful, a backport ?

Andreas