[Gc] [RFC] patch, MPROTECT_VDB support for Darwin

Andreas Tobler toa at pop.agri.ch
Wed Feb 14 12:13:43 PST 2007

Andreas Tobler wrote:
>> Boehm, Hans wrote:
>>> This looks OK to me, thanks.
>>>
>>> But I'm not an expert on either Darwin or autoconf conventions.  Other
>>> opinions would be useful.
>>
>> Thanks Hans.
>>
>> Regarding the autoconf variant I will work out a proposal which does
>> only affect the configure and the Makefile files.
>>
>> In the gcc/libjava we do it this way. It may simplify the readability
>> if we introduce an extra_ldflags_libgc and have it only in those files.
>
> Here it is, it's now on you to decide which one is preferable.

I committed this second attempt.

Andreas

2007-02-14  Andreas Tobler  <a.tobler at schweiz.org>

	* configure.ac: Introduce extra_ldflags_libgc. Use it for Darwin.
	* configure: Regenerate.
	* Makefile.am (libgc_la_LDFLAGS): Use extra_ldflags_libgc.
	* Makefile.in: Regenerate.
	* include/private/gcconfig.h: Enable MPROTECT_VDB for all Darwin
	targets. Remove comments.
	Prepare ppc64 support for Darwin.