[Gc] Re: win32 infinite loop in marking

Peter Ross pro at missioncriticalit.com
Thu Feb 22 07:58:34 PST 2007

On 2/21/07, Peter Ross <pro at missioncriticalit.com> wrote:
> Eventually after a while the gc goes into an infinite loop in the mark routines.

I found the problem.

GC_mark_some wraps GC_mark_some_inner with an exception handler which
catches segmentation faults, and then effectively reruns marking.

My problem was the GC_malloc_heap_l structure had been corrupted by
some library code and hence a segmentation fault was always being
thrown when this structure was being examined hence the infinite loop.

Lots of fun debugging that one.

Hope no-one wasted too much time thinking about it.

Regards,
Peter
--
Peter Ross - Mission Critical Australia