[Gc] Windows 64 bit version

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Fri Jan 5 15:52:32 PST 2007

The GC7 code was written with the intent of supporting WIN64.  But I did
not even get as far as getting a working WIN64 tool chain.  Hence I
would expect that there are no major fundamental obstacles, but lots of
breakage in the details.

I would NOT start from the 6.8 tree.  That probably is hopeless.
Current CVS for version 7 is best.  7.0alpha7 is probably still close
enough.