[Gc] Valgrind/gc: failure in GC_malloc ?

Marnix Klooster marnix.klooster at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 00:25:53 PST 2007

On 19-01-07 22:44, Hugo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem (big problem ?):
>
> When run valgrind with garbage collector (GC_MALLOC) the programm finnished
> with segmentation fault. This code it's only example, the true mission it's
> other programm much more complex

Been there, done that, asked the same question in the same place, got a
--how shall I put it-- very clear answer that no-one in their right mind
would want to use valgrind+gc since gc has its own nice memory usage
tracing options thankyouverymuch.

 From the archives:

http://www.hpl.hp.com/hosted/linux/mail-archives/gc/2006-May/001290.html

Some more replies to very similar questions:

http://www.hpl.hp.com/hosted/linux/mail-archives/gc/2006-May/001286.html
http://www.hpl.hp.com/hosted/linux/mail-archives/gc/2006-May/001288.html
http://www.hpl.hp.com/hosted/linux/mail-archives/gc/2006-October/001441.html

So the answer seems to be: don't bother with valgrind :-)

(And to be honest, I agree with the messages linked to above: use the
built-in debugging features; they helped me a lot.)

Groetjes,
  <><
Marnix