[Gc] Has anyone tried the GC on Nokia 770, N800 or arm qemu ?

Stephane Epardaud Stephane.Epardaud at inria.fr
Mon Jan 22 06:47:40 PST 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to get the gc to work on the N800 device, which claims to have an
ARM11 processor. I use the maemo/scratchbox development environment to test the
GC. It uses qemu for cross-compiling and emulation of ARM devices.
Has anyone tried to run the GC on either these devices or the dev environment ?
It seems to compile fine, but the tests fail:
 > make test
gcc -O -I./include -DATOMIC_UNCOLLECTABLE -DNO_SIGNALS -DNO_EXECUTE_PERMISSION
-DSILENT -DALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS -o setjmp_test ./setjmp_t.c
./setjmp_t.c: In function `nested_sp':
./setjmp_t.c:57: warning: function returns address of local variable
gcc -O -I./include -DATOMIC_UNCOLLECTABLE -DNO_SIGNALS -DNO_EXECUTE_PERMISSION
-DSILENT -DALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS -c ./tests/test.c
mv test.o tests/test.o
rm -f gctest
./if_mach SPARC DRSNX gcc -O -I./include -DATOMIC_UNCOLLECTABLE -DNO_SIGNALS
-DNO_EXECUTE_PERMISSION -DSILENT -DALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS -o gctest  tests/test.o
gc.a -lucb
./if_mach HP_PA HPUX gcc -O -I./include -DATOMIC_UNCOLLECTABLE -DNO_SIGNALS
-DNO_EXECUTE_PERMISSION -DSILENT -DALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS -o gctest  tests/test.o
gc.a -ldld `./threadlibs`
./if_mach M68K AMIGA gcc -O -I./include -DATOMIC_UNCOLLECTABLE -DNO_SIGNALS
-DNO_EXECUTE_PERMISSION -DSILENT -DALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS -UGC_AMIGA_MAKINGLIB -o
gctest  tests/test.o gc.a `./threadlibs`
./if_not_there gctest gcc -O -I./include -DATOMIC_UNCOLLECTABLE -DNO_SIGNALS
-DNO_EXECUTE_PERMISSION -DSILENT -DALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS -o gctest tests/test.o
gc.a `./threadlibs`
^^^^Starting command^^^^
./setjmp_test
This appears to be a ARM32 running LINUX
Stack appears to grow down, which is the default.
A good guess for STACKBOTTOM on this machine is 0xb7ff5000.
Note that this may vary between machines of ostensibly
the same architecture (e.g. Sun 3/50s and 3/80s).
On many machines the value is not fixed.
A good guess for ALIGNMENT on this machine is 4.
Generic mark_regs code may work
./gctest
make: *** [KandRtest] Error 245

Any idea whether it is supposed to work, and/or where I should start poking ?
Thanks.