[Gc] Has anyone tried the GC on Nokia 770, N800 or arm qemu ?

Stephane Epardaud Stephane.Epardaud at sophia.inria.fr
Thu Jan 25 07:57:43 PST 2007

Boehm, Hans wrote:
> My only direct experience is a native build on a Linksys NSLU2.  That
> has an ARM processors and works.  But that's a very different
> environment.  Posting a stack trace might get you further ...

The problem is I don't get any stack. I've traced down the problem in the gc7a
somewhere in alloc.c:GC_try_to_collect_inner() which is called by GC_INIT().
The gctest just exits with an error, no log and no stack trace.
When calling gctest with GC_PRINT_STATS=1 I get as far as:

Increasing heap size by 65536 after 0 allocated bytes
Initiating full world-stop collection 1 after 0 allocd bytes
--> Marking for collection 1 after 0 allocd bytes

but GC_INIT never returns.