[Gc] Faster to not call GC_free?

jim marshall jim.marshall at wbemsolutions.com
Sat Jun 2 10:21:04 PDT 2007

HI,
 I'm using GC 6.8 in my application, we have designed the application to
have its memory management be interchangeable (e.g. use GC, dmalloc or
normal CRT malloc). As such we have designed our application to have our
own internal allocation routines (mainly macros or inline functions).
After doing some reading the indication I get is that I maybe better off
stubbing out our gc_free calls with no-ops or something like

#define intFree(vptr) vptr=NULL

Any thoughts on if this is worth while doing?

Thanks

--
Jim Marshall
Sr. Staff Engineer