[Gc] Memory leak in multithreaded application

Christophe Meessen meessen at cppm.in2p3.fr
Wed May 16 13:27:43 PDT 2007

Hello,

thanks for reassuring clarification on memory usage increase. Didn't
tought of that. I'll do a very long run test ASAP.

Here is my feedback with compiling and running my small test programm
7.0alpha 9.

1. Compilation using "name /f NT_STATIC_THREADS_MAKEFILE" went perfectly
well. Just one warning reported, probably easy to get rid of.:
finalize.c(293) : warning C4098: 'GC_unreachable_finalize_mark_proc' :
'void' function returning a value

2. When one uses GC_beginthreadex call instead of GC_CreateThread there
is no more memory leak. There is just one little detail left to clear.
The prototype (function signature) of GC_beginthreadex is missing in
gc.h at line 1007. There is also no GC_API in front of the
GC_beginthreadex definition. Is this ok ?

Static thread debug runs ok.