[Gc] Patch for Mona OS

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Tue Sep 18 12:41:47 PDT 2007

Thanks.

Did you want me to include this patch in the GC distribution?  How many
users of Mona OS are there?  A web search returns many Japanese, but
relatively few English pages, so it's hard for me (unfortunately a
non-Japanese-speaker) to tell.

I don't see any problems with the patch that would prevent it from
working correctly.  But there are some stylistic issues:

- There is already a definition of GET_MEM using calloc.  Wouldn't that
work here, instead of adding more code?  Mona_alloc() seems unnecessary.

- Instead of redefining GC_register_data_segments, please define
DATASTART and DATAEND in gcconfig.h.

- Some of the #if indentation is inconsistent.

If you do want it included, please send a revised patch.  There is too
much danger that I would break it by trying to fix the first two.