[Gc] Problems with Free Microsoft Compilers

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Mon Apr 7 11:07:31 PDT 2008

My guess is that these things are really pulled in by msvc_dbg.c, which defines backtrace and backtrace_symbols, which in turn enables some heap debugging functionality.  You can probably remove rferences to that code by removing the Microsoft-specific definition of GC_HAVE_BUILTIN_BACKTRACE from gc.h, or refining the version test there.  That should allow you to not include msvc_dbg.c at all.  I'd certainly appreciate a patch that did the right thing in the Makefile, etc. to handle this case.