[Gc] segfault with CACAO on OpenSolaris

Christian Thalinger twisti at complang.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Aug 15 08:18:39 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 16:05 +0400, Alexander Petrossian (PAF) wrote:
> Christian,

First, why didn't you reply to the list?

> that list usually does not answer such general questions.
> It is supposed you'll do most of investigations yourself.

I disagree.  Normally a project has some people which know a lot about
it, like maintainers and developers, and mailing lists are one
possibility for users to report things, get in contact with the people
behind it and even report bugs.

We are using Boehm GC for years now and I've always got help here on the
list about specific problems.  Personally, I like it when users are
reporting bugs and I'm also interested in fixing them and applying a
patch upstream.  I'd be very surprised if things would be different
here...

> Search the archives, where I've answered about the same a while ago.

Couldn't find anything useful.  Any pointer?

- twisti