[Gc] [beginner] triggering collection of an object

Emmeran Seehuber rototor at rototor.de
Tue Aug 26 05:17:44 PDT 2008

Am Dienstag, 26. August 2008 schrieb Marco Maggi:
> Ciao,
>
> is there a way to force collection upon an object?

You can call GC_gcollect() to force a collection. But it may not collect a
specific object you may want it to collect, if there are still pointer to it
floating around (e.g. on the stack or in register). This is normaly no
problem in a "real world" application, but in a small synthetic test
application.

> I want to do it in a test program only to see how
> GC behaves and to verify if I am correctly using
> the interface.

cu,
Emmeran Seehuber