[Gc] Crash in GC_realloc - HDR(h) NULL

Emmeran Seehuber rototor at rototor.de
Tue Aug 26 07:16:30 PDT 2008

Hi!

I got the reason for the crash -> the class containing the ArrayImpl<>
Instance is "pointer annotated", i.e. the allocation is done using
GC_malloc_explicitly_typed() and I simple forgot to annotate the class
member. Since the member array is empty most time the problem triggered only
in rare cases. And while searching for this problem I looked 5 times over the
code and didn't see the missing annotation ...

But it is good to know that HDR() might return NULL if the given block is
free. And if you get a crash in GC_clear_fl_marks() with HDR(h) == NULL its
the same problem.

Thanks again for your help.

cu,

Emmeran Seehuber