[Gc] [announce] GC documentation in Texinfo format

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Thu Aug 28 17:28:36 PDT 2008

Thanks.

To be honest, I would much prefer if you left the original collector license as it was, instead of switching tio the GNU documentation license.  There are several reasons for that:

1) Changing the license in this way raises all sorts of sticky issues about whether or not I need to get permission of the original copyright holders.  In most cases that's hard, primarily because it's hard to get the attention of the appropriate lawyers.

2) I already worry about license proliferation.  This would mean I would have to read and understand another one, which unfortunately is nontrivial.  And a number of potential users would find themselves in the same position.