Re: [Gc] Compile Problem wth Sun Studio 12

Ivan Maidanski ivmai at mail.ru
Fri Dec 5 12:14:09 PST 2008

Hi!

Lothar Scholz <scholz at scriptolutions.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i'm trying to use the Sun Studio 12 C compiler named "c99" to compile
> the program. I set the environment variable "CC=c99" and "CXX=cc"
> and then use the normal configure make calls. But it reports
>
> "The collector has not been ported to this machine/OS combination"
>
> By the way, is there any new offical release later then gc-7.1
> planned for the next time.
>

> --
> Best regards,
>  Lothar Scholz                mailto:scholz at scriptolutions.com

Do You need thread support? What's target CPU?

If You need threads and target arch is not sparc then compile with -DAO_USE_PTHREAD_DEFS for now.

I'm personally using SunOS Release 5.11 on amd64.
I'm using latest CVS version of GC (pre 7.2a1). I don't know whether the build scripts work for this platform - I build it manually:

rm add_gc_prefix.c AmigaOS.c gcname.c if_mach.c if_not_there.c MacOS.c msvc_dbg.c setjmp_t.c threadlibs.c
cc -m32 -O2 -mt -fPIC -DALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS -DJAVA_FINALIZATION -DNO_EXECUTE_PERMISSION -DATOMIC_UNCOLLECTABLE -DGC_GCJ_SUPPORT -DNO_DEBUGGING -DLARGE_CONFIG -DUSE_MMAP -DUSE_MUNMAP -DGC_THREADS -DTHREAD_LOCAL_ALLOC -DPARALLEL_MARK -DNDEBUG -DAO_USE_PTHREAD_DEFS -I include -I libatomic_ops-1.2/src -shared -o libgc.so -s *.c libatomic_ops-1.2/src/atomic_ops.c

This is the config I've tested and been using (I'm not using C++). Options may vary. GC for ABI-64 also works (but I've tested it much less).

PS. gc-7.2alpha1.tar.gz would be released, I guess, in 2009 Q1.

Bye.