[Gc] Circular references

Bruce Hoult bruce at hoult.org
Wed Feb 27 02:05:49 PST 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 10:50 PM, Lothar Scholz
<scholz at scriptolutions.com> wrote:
>  Thats the theory. Now back to the real life. Yes you should. If it is
>  easy then set the pointers to NULL otherwise hope that there arent
>  too many false positives (arrays of real number are really dangerous).

Arrays of primitive types such as int, char, float should be allocated
using GC_malloc_atomic(), in which case they are no danger at all.

Even if you're using a C++ template class you can specialize it to use
a different allocator for these types.  (my C++-fu is insufficient to
see how to automatically extend this to "structs that don't contain
pointers")