[Gc] Illegal Instruction?

jim marshall jim.marshall at wbemsolutions.com
Tue Jan 8 17:15:51 PST 2008

HI,
 I have a client using our product on a PowerPC system and when they
start our program they get an Illegal Instruction error. The error is
being 'caused' by the GC (version 6.8)

Program terminated with signal 4, Illegal instruction.
#0  GC_set_warn_proc (p=0xff03144 <GCWarnProc>)
    at ./include/private/gc_locks.h:177
177     ./include/private/gc_locks.h: No such file or directory.
        in ./include/private/gc_locks.h
(gdb) bt
#0  GC_set_warn_proc (p=0xff03144 <GCWarnProc>)
    at ./include/private/gc_locks.h:177
#1  0x0ff031d4 in initializeGC () at ./src/gcif.c:69
#2  0x10001e94 in main (argc=4, argv=0x3fc53b04) at wsicimom.c:82

The odd thing is that they have 4 different PowerPC platforms, it works
fine on three of them and this failure occurs on the fourth one. I've
asked for details about this platform (e.g. the difference from others)
but have not heard back yet.

Hoping someone might have some thoughts.

This is a debug build of the GC built with GCC 3.4.5

Thank you