[Gc] GC7.0 on Leopard (MacOS X 10.5)... again Re: Gc Digest, Vol 50, Issue 6

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Wed Jan 9 13:08:21 PST 2008

It would be interesting to know what happens with this version compiled with both --enable-parallel-mark and --enable-gc-assertions.  The parallel marking code has a reasonable number of assertions that might catch any weirdness.

The version everyone is using is similar to the CVS version?  People are presumably testing on dual core machines?  When it hangs there is only a single thread around?

I believe this was intended to work, and I don't immediately see why it doesn't.  But I suspect some of the testing may have happened on single-core machines, where --enable-parallel-mark isn't that interesting.  In any case, it would be good to understand why this is breaking now.