[Gc] Re: Desperately needing GC 7.1

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Fri Jan 11 09:58:18 PST 2008

Thanks.  This is a deficiency in the way "make dist" currently works, in that it includes everything in the libatomic_ops tree, combined with my failure to clean up properly.  These files were never in the CVS tree.

I added a new 7.1alpha2-revised tar file to the distribution directory that is identical to the original, except that these two files have been removed.  I think that if you are just building the GC, the .a files don't really hurt.  However, if you are using the tree for something else, e.g. to extract libatomic_ops (which is not unreasonable, since I haven't otherwise had a chance to update that distribution in a while), they are a problem.